So. I'm in Laos. Technically.

What do you know about PDR Laos? How you answer that question tells me lot about you. If you are good, proper American, you know Laos is neither Japan or China. If you are awesome and a fan of Anthony Bourdain, you know Laos has a messy history with the USA. 

Hint: cluster bombs and the USA is t the good guy. Again. 

If you are a dirty, dirty hippie or Burner, Laos is probably on your bucket list. Maybe you yearn for the days in the 90s and early 2000s where it was easier to get opium or marijuana everywhere. Maybe you are a backpacker and Laos is your respite out of Thailand (hearing that more than twice makes me never wanna head to Thailand). I think the secret to Laos is to be a backpacker with no schedule and wander this country by bus. Alas, I very much do, in comparison, have a schedule. That said, I still have three days to kill here. That's gonna be tough. 

Well, when the water isn't safe to drink, one must adapt. 

Comments