Picture Post from Cinque Terre

Today in pictures. Honestly, I couldn't/didn't take many 'cause the sun stays too low in the sky in the winter for decent pics. 

Two and a half hours outside of Florence. 

Good bye, Village Five. (Monterosso)

Uh, proof of auras pic? Village four was the best. (Vernazza)

I wish the light or my mobile's cam would have cooperated. These alleys were amazing. (Vernazza)

Sometimes the view was cool like this. (Vernazza)

Mostly it was this. (Hell)

In the middle of NOWHERE, a cat sanctuary. 

Packages of food stored in one trash can and garbage goes in the other .Directions to not feed the cats in the afternoon and a donation box. One of the weirdest things I've seen on a trail. 
White-washed sky. Sun was already going down and the next village was an hour away. (Corniglia)

Ha! I got as far as the trail closure anyway! No time, however, to catch the train one stop and then finish. Almost though!!!

Half-way village! My ending point. Boo. (Corniglia)

That's floors not steps. I climbed the equivalent of to the top of a 209 story building. 

It's like you went on the hike with me but have none of the brushing or discomfort! My feet really hurt. I walk a lot, but maybe my feet are too delicate. You know that feeling of stepping on something hard you weren't expecting and you jolt back all, "ow, Jeeze. I don't even have kids; why is there a matchbox car in my living room?" Because of my super-thin bottomed shoes and the path having an unnatural amount of vertical stores, the last hour was a lot like stepping on that damned matchbox car over and over again. Ow. ...ow...ow........ow..ow

You should Google Cinque Terre to get a better idea of where I was but know that the buildings are a bit more muted than the pics may suggest. 

Comments