Postcard from Melbourne Two


Not a bad view

Yesterday I met up with Kerryn, a chick from my same state I ended up living with in Istanbul when we were both getting our TEFL certifications. She bummed around Europe for a bit and, like a good many Europeans have done over the years, moved down here. It was good to shoot the shit and reminisce breifly about Turkey, but we mostly chatted about Where We've Been, Where we are Going, and writing. 


A photo of someone blogging would be dull. Have some street art. It's kinda the same thing?

You see, Kerryn is one of the few people I know who travels a lot and blogs (May was a long time ago...). I was curious as to why she has been silent lately. On the other hand, I kinda get it. I mean, our situations are totally different, but I don't feel compelled or even really inclined to write while in Melbourne. I've had more time here than I did in Kuala Lumpur. In China I was busy with work and doing stuff, but still liked my weekly Check In. Trying to talk about my time in Melbourne is like trying to make prose from a chore-list. It might have some cool stuff on it, but it's not great reading. And I'm a pretty crap writer anyway which is sad because being a writer was always my dream job going back to when I was a wee thing in second and third grade writing awful stories. 

On diets, on career ambitions, on having a love life, and on ever being invited to a dinner party. 

Well, at any rate. Today was the Great Ocean Road day. 



Honestly, while the Twelve Apostles were cool and all, I've been on Rt. 1 in America and seen some pretty awesome cliffs in the U.K., so... 

There are nine Twelve Apostiles. One collapsed a couple of years ago and the other two never really existed?

It's everything ELSE about the road that was amazing. The scenery was fantastic. My cell phone can't do this justice. 

"Your blurry eyes..." (Random Jpop lyrics because I can.)

More than the ocean views. More that the pastoral scenery, omg. The birds. 

 
Awesome. 

Awwwwesome

This photo, while not good, has two koalas and a bunch of parrots in it. 


But it really was pretty
My life-long travel ambition of eating sandwiches in cool places continues. View of the lighthouse...

And the view from the lighthouse. 

Okay, I confess. I've been off-and-on finishing this post for over 24 hours now. Right now I am currently on the plane to Sydney. Melbourne was fantastic. So good, I could go back. But I won't. 

And so it goes. 

Here's hoping I find tonight's place easy enough! Peace!


Comments